Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Ipsy March 2014 Glam Bag Review




Ipsy is a $10 monthly subscription where you receive 4-5 beauty products AND a lovely theme (makeup) bag with it. It comes in a gorgeous shiny pink envelope and I love receiving it in my mail box every month! I have been an ipsy subscriber since June 2013 (birthday gift from my husband, yes he is awesome) and I absolutely love it. Every month is different and they feature different products from different brands.

If you'd like to join the fun, please use my link. Thank you!


This month's glam bag theme is "Destination Beauty".


"Destination Beauty" themed glam bag is my favorite item this month (and almost every month!) Ipsy has the best glam bags. This one is another favorite. This bag was made exclusively for Ipsy by a San Francisco local artist by the name of Klari Reis and also inspired the glam bag "Street Anatomy".



I received in my glam bag NYX Love in Rio Eyeshadow in The BrazilianbareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get ReadyChella Eyeliner in Indigo Blue, and Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer.



NYX Love in Rio Eyeshadow in The Brazilian is a three eyeshadow neutral palette. The first eyeshadow is is matte chocolate brown for your eye crease, the next one is a beautiful shimmery light pink highlighter, and the last one is a shimmery light golden/brown. I can see myself using all this colors and the pigmentation of this palette is great. I just LOVE NYX!

bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie Lipstick in Get Ready is a really awesome lipstick that I was excited to try! I love the sheer rosy color and it will look great for any neutral look.

Chella Eyeliner in Indigo Blue is actually pretty awesome. I'm not going to lie, I was a little disappointed when I saw it in my glam room but now that I have it in my hands and have swatched it. I actually love it. It is a liquid eyeliner, which I was not expecting for some reason, with a felt tip and the color is a gorgeous dark blue. I actually love it and I can't wait to use it.

Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer is another product that I was disappointed to see in my glam room, but I am giving it a change and using it. I just can not get over the fact that it is so shimmery (it is supposed to give you a glow) I have tried another Pixi primer before and I was not a fan for the same reason. I guess I'm just used to the smashbox primer. Like I said, I will give it a shot.

I just recieved my glam bag today so I have not had much time to experiment. I have the picture swatches below


All pictures were taken with my iPhone 5s in natural lighting

If you would like to join for $10 a month to receive 4-5 deluxe to fullsize beauty items, go here.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment